Wednesday, November 27, 2013

StitchFix Box #1

I've jumped on the bandwagon and received my first StitchFix box.  StitchFix is a company that sends you five different pieces (they can be anything from tops & bottoms to scarves & necklaces) each month that fit your profile.  

When you sign up, you go through a questionnaire to help them determine your style so their stylists can send you some pieces you might enjoy.  You also are able to let them know what price range you're looking to stay in as well.  

They ship out your pieces to your house, along with a style card for each piece with two different ideas on how to wear the piece.  For example, I received a cardigan, they suggested pairing it with a dress or with a yellow top, skinny jeans, and flats.  

The beauty of StitchFix is that you are able to try each piece on and mix & match it with items you already have in your wardrobe.  So there is none of the "Will this go with what I already have?" thoughts in the dressing rooms of stores.  Also, you may get things you might not have picked up off the shelves on your own, forcing you to step out of your comfort zone.  Sometimes the results are amazing, sometimes, not so much.  

You have three days to decide what you want to keep & what you want to send back.  They send you a prepaid envelope to ship the rejected items back, so it's super easy.  

The fee is $20 per month and that $20 is credited towards whatever you decide to keep.  So honestly, it's in your best interest to keep something.  If you decide to keep everything, you get the $20 credit and 25% off the entire purchase.  

This is what was in my box this month:  *Please excuse the dirty mirrors - it's obviously time to clean!*

 These are the black skinny jeans I received, they fit strangely.  They were too long, I'm 5'9" so that's saying something.  The material all bunched up at the ankles.  They will be sent back. 

This is the open cardigan they sent.  I'm in love with it but the price has me on the fence on if I'm keeping it or not.  I tried it on with a few of my shirts & I'm not sure I've found the perfect way to pair it just yet.  I may need a scoop neckline under it vs a V neck that most of my shirts seem to have. 

 This is a dolman top, I love this style.  I love the color.  I love the stripes.  It's something that I feel I could find in store for a better price though so it will be shipped back. 

This is the heart shirt that I fell in love with as soon as I pulled it out of the box.  I love the fit, I love the material, I love the print.  I didn't want it to fit well so I could justify sending it back, but once I put it on, I knew I was in trouble.  I'm debating on keeping this or not.  

This is the infinity scarf they sent.  I love everything about it except the price.  It's almost $40 and I cannot justify that on a scarf right now.  So it will be shipped back.  

Have you tried StitchFix yet?  What are you thoughts?  Did you like what they sent you? 

  I was in no way compensated by StitchFix or any other entity to write this review/post.  All thoughts & opinions are my own.  Post does contain referral links to my account.  

No comments:

Post a Comment